Friends, directly and indirectly related to the Waldorf school movement
Often one can learn something about a person by knowing something about that person's family, friends and associates. So too may one gather a bit of insight about us through an introduction into some of the people and organisations who surround us.
- Camphill West Coast: care and employment for adults with physical and/or intellectual disability, Dassenberg/Malmesbury W.Cape, and
Camphill Hermanus: children and adults with disabilities living in community with young adult co-worker volunteers, Hermanus W.Cape
Maybe you have had the pleasure of eating delicious Camphill foods, such as yoghurts, breads, mustards and cheeses, sold at local grocery stores throughout the Western Cape.
- Khanyisa School for Supportive Education, a small Waldorf school providing supportive education for children and young people between the ages of 9 and 19, who fall below the level of mainstream education. Plumstead Cape Town
- The Association of Eurythmists in Southern Africa. Incorporates varying forms, including curative, performance and pedagogical.
- Syringa Health Centre, Plumstead Cape Town
- Persephone College, teaching personal and organisational development enabling self-awareness and self-empowerment through Sensing, Movement, Visualisation and Sound; Hout Bay Cape Town
- The Novalis Ubuntu Institute, arousing hope and enthusiasm for a more meaningful life in which heart is put back into teaching, the school back into the community and meaning (and relevancy) into learning; Wynberg Cape Town
- Anthroposophic Society of the Western Cape, Plumstead Cape Town
- Abalimi Bezekhaya - The Peoples Garden Centre, urban agriculture, greening, school plantings, organisational sustainability, etc.; Khayelitsha, Observatory, Philippi in Cape Town.
- Anthroposophically-influenced architects and sculptors: Wilfried Bohm, Etienne Bruwer, Dennis Shaw and others have begun meeting quarterly near Hermanus, after a many-year hiatus.
- Christian Community congregations, movement for religious renewal, Plumstead, Dassenberg, Hermanus, etc. Western Cape and around the country. Website coming soon...
- The Rhythmical Massage Association of South Africa. Intended for children as well as adults, rhythmic massage rests on an appreciation of rhythmical processes within the body, eg. breathing, digestion, circulation, sleeping and waking, etc. Keeping in balance, or regaining balance, of innate rhythms contributes to health and well-being.
- Biodynamic Agricultural Association of Southern Africa training and support in biodynamic farming
- Parceval Pharmaceuticals: Botanicals - Tinctures - Extracts - Consulting
Wellington W. Cape
- Pharma Natura: Pharmaceutical Company specialising in the manufacture of Multivitamin and Mineral Supplements, Homoeopathic, Anthroposophical and Herbal remedies.